This is another experiment, using just watercolor pencils, some washes, and regular graphite on light sketching paper. My technique was to create lines and a composition, along with some colors that I would bring out in more vibrant fashion in post-processing using Lightroom and a bit of Photoshop. Here is the original drawing, which doesn’t look like much. Very low contrast and not much color. Overall very flat.
In Lightroom, I added a bit more exposure, then cranked up the clarity and vibrance along with saturation (a bit). In doing, that the yellow color in the paper became much stronger. I also adjusted the whites and blacks to give it a bit more contrast. From there, I went into the color adjustments to modify the hue, luminance, and saturation. Finally, I tried a few sharpness and noise settings. I was not worried too much about the extensive noise, because I thought it lent some interesting texture to the image, which of course had been there from the beginning. Here is the final result.